HACCP Certification and GMP Audits
NSF can certify that your operation complies with the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) system or audit your facility for Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
Demonstrate Attention to Food Safety With HACCP Certification
HACCP is the internationally recognised risk-based system for managing food safety throughout the food supply chain—from food production and preparation processes, to packaging and distribution. The system is designed to prevent, eliminate or reduce significant hazards to an acceptable level.
NSF certification to HACCP enables your business to:
- Reduce the risk of producing unsafe products
- Increase confidence in your products, which translates to greater credibility with global customers/partners
- Provide a complete overview of the interaction of the food safety systems used on-site
- Contribute to HACCP review and verification activities to ensure documentation is aligned with site procedures
- Meet U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Department of Agriculture (USDA) requirements for juice, seafood, meat and poultry
Show You’re Committed to Good Manufacturing Practices
NSF's supplier assurance GMP audit is a robust evaluation of a facility’s prerequisite programmes, such as maintenance, cleanliness, pest control and personal hygiene.
Being audited to NSF’s GMP standard helps food manufacturers:
- Gain access to supply to major retailers
- Prepare for certification to GFSI benchmarked standards
- Prepare for FSMA compliance
- Comply with basic food safety and quality requirements
- Meet the prerequisites for developing a robust food safety plan