Product Transparency Reporting
NSF's product transparency reporting verify environmental product declaration (EPD) and develops product category rule (PCR) and life cycle assessments (LCAs).
Environmental Product Declaration (EPD) Verification
EPDs offer a standardised way of communicating a product’s environmental impact throughout its entire life cycle, to help customers decide among similar products.
Our third-party verification proves that EPD data was collected in line with the applicable product category rule (PCR) and meets all ISO 14025 requirements. Verification allows you to:
- Qualify for points through the LEED and other green construction standards
- Become a preferred vendor for green building project specifiers
- Provide information in a credible and transparent manner
- Benchmark against other EPD reports
- Identify environmental attributes to improve
- Help eliminate greenwashing by bringing transparency and credibility to the sustainability marketplace
- Save money by adopting more sustainable operational practises and business approaches
Product Category Rule (PCR)
We guide industries, trade organisations and companies in developing PCRs through an ISO 14025-compliant process.
PCRs allow reviewing and comparing environmental product attributes of different products in a defined category. PCRs help you differentiate your products in the marketplace and respond to increasing demands for more sustainable products and more transparent environmental claims.
Life Cycle Assessment (LCA)
An LCA is a transparent analysis of the environmental impacts of a product, system or service, including raw material acquisition, production, use and end of life. By identifying the critical impact categories, you can reduce environmental impacts where they are most beneficial and cost effective. ISO 14040-based LCAs can be used to meet green building rating system requirements such as LEED v4 and Green Globes.
NSF can conduct critical reviews of your LCA.