New GLOBALG.A.P. IFA Version 5.4-1 for Fruit and Vegetables
The GLOBALG.A.P. IFA (Integrated Farm Assurance Standard) covers Good Agricultural Practices for agriculture, aquaculture, livestock and horticulture production.
GLOBALG.A.P. IFA is a modular standard that allows producers to get certified for several sub-scopes at the same audit. The modules include the General Regulations and the Control Points and Compliance Criteria (CPCC) for each sub-scope. It is also important to note that there are two certification options. Option 1 is for single producers with or without an optional quality management system. Option 2 is for groups with multiple producers with a mandatory quality management system.
Which IFA Version for Fruit and Vegetables Should You Choose?
- If you do not need a GFSI recognized certificate, you can still use the IFA v5.2. This update doesn’t apply to you.
- If you do need a GFSI recognized certificate, the latest updated version for the sub-scope Fruit and Vegetables is IFA v5.4-1-GFS which is Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) benchmarked and replaces IFA v5.3-GFS. If your company is currently certified against IFA v5.3-GFS, you need to prepare to be audited for the new version. Continue reading to learn more.
The new IFA version 5.4-1-GFS for Fruit and Vegetables is mandatory for all audits that take place after January 22, 2022, for companies currently certified against IFA v5.3-GFS and still requiring GFSI recognition. GLOBALG.A.P. IFA v5.3-GFS audits will no longer be available from that date onward. A new GFSI version for Aquaculture will follow later.
IFA v5.4-1-GFS has a stronger emphasis on audit protocols, food safety management and practices, paperwork, and continual training of auditors, inspectors and GLOBALG.A.P. Farm Assurers.
What Else You Need to Know
- Your certification cycle will not change because of the new version. You should be audited as planned. If your GLOBALG.A.P. IFA Fruit and Vegetables audit falls after January 21, 2022, you will be assessed against the new IFA version 5.4-1-GFS.
- The changes implemented in GLOBALG.A.P. IFA v5.4-1-GFS do not affect GLOBALG.A.P. Add-ons (GRASP or SPRING).
- The certification body needs to verify the competencies of the internal inspector and auditor.
Keeping up-to-date with standards and scheme changes is challenging. But the ability to stay ahead and adapt to such changes is critical to your success. Knowing this and understanding your need for clarity and confidence when things change, our global team of experts is on hand to work with you.
Do you want to receive our news and updates directly to your inbox to keep up-to-date? Register to join our mailing lists.