· 2 min read
From Supplements to Your Doctor’s Office, How NSF Is Keeping You Healthy
A behind-the-scenes look at NSF’s impact on global health. Our education programs change behaviors — for medical devices, IVDs, pharmaceuticals and supplements — and ultimately keep you safer and healthier.
The NSF mark has been around since 1944, and each product that successfully undergoes our rigorous evaluations and assessments earns this seal of approval. You know it’s a good thing to see the mark when you’re buying your groceries or a water filter for your home.
We will continue to look at the ever-changing life sciences landscape and assess the shifts impacting the pharmaceutical, dietary supplement, medical device, IVD and clinical industries.
But you may be surprised to learn that NSF is also making a global impact at pharmacies and doctors’ offices and even with cybersecurity at your office.
Let’s take a closer look at the range of areas our experts explored when they joined global leaders at the NSF Health Sciences Symposium on March 16, 2022.
- The increasing importance of dietary supplements in a post-COVID world. The pandemic has shined a spotlight on how important it is to take an active role in our own health and well-being. Learn how NSF plays an essential part in ensuring that the supplements you’re taking are safer.
- Why cybersecurity is critical. Rising instances of tampering with and counterfeiting medical devices and IVDs require a proactive approach to patient safety. What steps can we take to protect patients and maintain affordability?
- The value of testing. The NSF mark provides assurance that vitamins and supplements were reviewed by an impartial third party to meet established standards and guidelines.
- Meeting product claims. A trusted third party must always objectively verify product labeling and claims.
- The meaning of NSF certification. Consumers can have confidence in supplements and vitamins that are NSF certified by a team of professionals dedicated to public health and safety in more than 180 countries worldwide.
The experts also addressed topics including:
- The post-pandemic supply chain
- Drug and medical device manufacturers’ concerns
- The case for a global regulatory landscape
Rest assured that NSF’s experts around the world strive every day to improve and protect public health. From our labs and testing teams to our technical and account managers, we all work together as one NSF.
Sign Up for Tips for Better Living
Stay up to date with what matters most to you and your family.
Beware! Sports Supplements Can Contain Dangerous Contaminants
Is There Heavy Metal Hiding in Your Dietary Supplement?
Banned Substances Pose Risks for Professional and Everyday Athletes