· 4 min read
NSF International Promotes Serban Teodoresco to VP, Food Safety, Europe, the Middle East and Africa
ANN ARBOR, Mich., MONTREAL, Quebec, and BRUSSELS – NSF International, a global public health and safety organization, has promoted Serban Teodoresco to Vice President, Food Safety for Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) regions. In addition, he will continue serving as the Global Lead for NSF International’s Consulting and Technical Services within its Global Food Division. Teodoresco is responsible for overseeing the direction, growth strategy and business results for NSF International’s EMEA food safety services including operations associated with consulting and technical services.
In his new role based in Montréal, Quebec, Canada, Teodoresco will lead NSF International’s EMEA food safety operations to develop innovative solutions for the agriculture, processing, food equipment, restaurant and retail industries. NSF International’s extensive suite of food safety services spans from farm to fork and includes testing, certification, auditing, training and, separately, consulting.
“NSF International has a true leader in Serban Teodoresco,” said Tom Chestnut, Senior Vice President, Global Food Division for NSF International. “Serban’s expansive knowledge of the food safety industry, especially in the EMEA region, makes him the natural choice to lead the increasingly complex arena of food safety. He will provide the innovative leadership needed to grow NSF International’s client services to protect public health and the global food supply chain.”
Teodoresco has more than 30 years of food safety, risk management and corporate entrepreneurship experience. He has also served as the Global Lead for NSF International’s Consulting and Technical Services Group since 2014 where his expertise in the protection of brand reputation, crisis prevention and risk management solutions for the global supply chain helps NSF International deliver services driven by client needs.
Prior to his position at NSF International, Toedoresco served as President of Preventa™ Inc., a risk management consulting firm. He was also Vice President, Operations at DiverseyLever (Unilever Group) where he led the development of a new risk management group called SafeKey™, a branded suite of high-level food safety solutions. Teodoresco earned his graduate degree in mechanical engineering from École Polytechnique de Montréal and an MBA from the University of Chicago, and attended INSEAD business school in France. He also co-authored the book “Integrated Risk Management for Mega Events” and a study on how to evaluate, manage and protect the corporate reputation.
NSF International’s Global Food Safety Division and Consulting and Technical Services team is backed by NSF International’s more than 70 years of food safety experience and expertise. The team consists of experienced, multidisciplinary food safety experts focused on creating practical, tailored solutions to client food safety and quality goals and challenges, including:
- Consulting – NSF International experts assist companies in developing HACCP (hazard analysis and critical control point) plans and assessing facilities’ compliance with Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) certification requirements through gap analyses, training and operational assistance. Consulting is offered separately from certification services, and does not provide an advantage in gaining certification.
- Supply chain management – NSF International experts design systems and processes for managing and controlling site, supplier and product compliance, quality assurance and traceability across global and complex supply chains using the latest models and customized technologies such as Portico and TraQtion. NSF is a leading certifier to Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) standards.
- Risk assessment and management – Multidisciplinary experts utilize decades of experience and proprietary diagnostic and behavior-based assessments to address underlying causes of food safety failure and to provide a road map of customized actions to help companies protect their brands.
- Crisis management – In addition to preventative crisis plan development and training, NSF International experts can help companies quickly respond to and resolve food contamination and recall incidents.
- Food Safety Training – NSF International’s training and education services offer open enrollment and custom solutions for clients along the entire food value chain.
- TraQtion - Quality management software aimed at helping track compliance and risk across suppliers, products and sites for food and beverage retailers, restaurants and manufacturers. The software provides companies an automated, unique and trusted way to manage their products and global supply chains.
For more information on NSF International’s consulting and technical services, please contact Ian Haynes, Managing Director, Global Business Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit NSF's food safety webpage.
Editor’s note: Media seeking more information or to schedule an interview with a NSF International expert can contact Thomas Frey, APR, at email@example.com or call +1 734 214 6242.
About NSF International: NSF International (nsf.org) is a global independent organization that writes standards, and tests and certifies products for the food, water and consumer goods industries to minimize adverse health effects and protect the environment. Founded in 1944, NSF is committed to protecting human health and safety worldwide. NSF International is a Pan American Health Organization/World Health Organization Collaborating Center on Food Safety, Water Quality and Indoor Environment.
NSF International provides expertise and accredited food services across all supply chain sectors, including agriculture, animal feed and welfare, produce, processing, distribution, dairy, seafood, quality management software, retail and restaurants. NSF offers expert auditing, consulting and training across all areas of food safety. Services include Global Food Safety Initiative, foodservice equipment and nonfood compounds certification, HACCP validation and inspection, label claims verification and certification, DNA and food package testing, product and process development, and organic and Certified Transitional certification through Quality Assurance International (QAI).
NSF International Sponsors the 2020 Food Safety Summit
The Risky Business of Social Influencing
EyeSucceed Named a Glass Partner for Food Industry Applications of Wearable Technology