Food Equipment Pre-Evaluation
Help make sure your innovations, vision and prototype comply with regulatory requirements before going into production. Work with NSF International to prepare your food equipment for the certification process. When you meet the standards for certification, you give end users and operators added confidence in your product.
Local, state and federal inspection agencies base their regulations on the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s Food Code. NSF/ANSI food equipment standards are aligned with this code. As a result, certification to these standards is an effective way to show compliance to the Food Code. In fact, the NSF certification mark is the most trusted mark in the foodservice industry—and only NSF certified products can use it.
Get a Head Start on Becoming Ready for Market
The benefits of making a pre-evaluation part of your equipment’s development include:
- Introduction to NSF experts: Start a review of your product or prototype. Get an explanation of hygienic design requirements, what NSF does and the certification process.
- Equipment design validation: As your project moves along, we can inspect its preliminary design and material compliance.
- Continuous technical support: Count on us throughout the pre-evaluation—even if product changes are happening quickly.
- Field trail: Give health inspectors the assurance that NSF is looking at your prototypes.
- Finished product: Your equipment is now ready for the certification process.
Using our pre-evaluation services does not provide an advantage—nor is it linked in any way—to the granting of certification.
Ready to Begin the Process?
Contact us with questions or to receive a quote.