United States Medical Device Regulations – A Comprehensive Overview
About This eLearning
This two-hour course provides a comprehensive overview of the regulatory requirements including the regulatory framework, pre- and post-market requirements, and the way the U.S. is utilizing MDSAP.
Key Learning Objectives
By the end of this course, you should:
- Understand the legal and regulatory framework for developing, marketing and distributing medical devices
- Understand the Medical Device Single Audit Program (MDSAP) and its function in the United States
- Identify the pre-market regulations and pathways to market for medical devices in the United States
- Distinguish how the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) classifies medical devices
- Recognize when clinical data is required and the basic requirements for conducting clinical investigations
- Determine the application of post-market regulations, including quality systems (QMS) and adverse event reporting
Who Should Attend
This course is essential for anyone wanting to bring a medical device or IVD to market in this specific jurisdiction, and also for employees in R&D, regulatory, quality and compliance functions.
By completing/passing this United States medical device regulations course, you will attain the Medical Device Certificate.