Point-of-Use and Point-of-Entry (POU/POE) Systems
- Benefits of Certification
- Why Work With NSF?
- Certification Process
Drinking water safety is a top concern of consumers. Whether your product helps reduce harmful cysts and bacteria, or simply reduces unpleasant taste, odor or discoloration, certification to an NSF standard can help ensure that your product is safe and performs as claimed.
NSF is proud to run the world’s largest POU/POE test facility with 30 state-of-the-art water filter test rigs. Our capabilities are unmatched and include full chemical, microbiological and physical testing as well as complete in-house toxicology expertise.
Benefits of Certification
Certification to an NSF standard ensures that your product meets the regulatory requirements for the U.S., and can often meet or fulfill the testing requirements for many other countries as well. Market leaders strive to attain NSF certification as a mark of distinction that assures their customers that their product is safe for use and can effectively remove contaminants in drinking water.
Certification also allows your company to:
- List your product in our online directory of certified drinking water treatment systems and components
- Use the NSF certification mark on your products and in your promotional materials
Why Work With NSF?
The NSF mark, well respected by public health officials and drinking water utilities, is recognized as a symbol of product quality and integrity. Our staff of expert toxicologists, chemists, engineers and microbiologists offers responsive, personalized service to quickly guide your product through the certification process, ensuring that it gets to market on time and on budget.
We have the expertise to select a “worst case” representative product for testing in order to qualify an entire line of similar products for certification. This provides you with the most certification value possible. We also provide pricing up front, so there are no hidden surprises down the road.
We distinguish ourselves due to our thorough product evaluation, but our certification process is simple and efficient. We assign you a dedicated NSF project manager as a single point of contact to guide you through the certification process and oversee your certification project every step of the way.
Seven Simple Steps to Certification:
- Your company submits an application.
- You provide product formulation, toxicology and product use information.
- Our toxicology department reviews formulations.
- We perform a plant audit and sample collection.
- Our laboratory conducts testing.
- We complete a final toxicology evaluation.
- We grant NSF certification for compliant products and you can use the NSF mark on products, packaging and marketing materials.
Our experts can help you reduce your overall costs and expedite your time to market by bundling services and reducing the number of contracted service providers and facility audits.
- 2 weeks ago