ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems Certification
- Benefits of Certification
- Why Work With NSF?
- Certification Process
- ISO 9001:2015 Revision
ISO 9001 provides a set of uniform requirements for a quality management system. The standard is based on a number of quality management principles including a strong customer focus, support of top management, the process approach and continual improvement.
Updates to ISO 9001 were published on September 15, 2015. For the latest information on ISO 9001:2015, including a transition guide, see the ISO 9001:2015 Revision tab below.
For more information, call toll free (U.S. only) 888.673.9000, ext. 6881 or worldwide +1 734.827.6881 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of Certification
A focus on quality management is essential in sustaining business success. With over a million ISO 9001 certificates issued around the world, certification is no longer "a nice to have," but an essential business tool.
For both service and manufacturing organizations, the numerous benefits of a certified ISO 9001 management system include:
- Ability to work in industry segments that require or expect certification
- Improved product, process and service quality
- Less waste and improved productivity
- A focus on customer satisfaction as performance objectives must be aligned to customer expectations
- A competitive advantage in the market
Why Work With NSF?
Our approach ensures that audits focus on performance, not just strict conformance. Our stringent auditor training and ongoing evaluations ensure audit consistency. Gain the advantage with NSF-ISR auditors who are experts in your industry and can anticipate issues that may impact your audit experience.
NSF-ISR is focused on value-added auditing and services. The NSF Online web-based interface allows our clients to see audit reports and schedules, respond to auditors and benchmark performance with management reports and graphical dashboards. Experienced auditors, superior management tools and a focus on client performance make NSF-ISR your preferred registrar.
The NSF-ISR ISO 9001 management systems certification process consists of these steps:
- Application and Contract – Your company submits an application and signs a contract (master agreement).
- Audit Team Assignment – NSF-ISR assigns an auditor team.
- Document Review – We perform a document review (when required) for the management system (MS) and issue a report of conformance or nonconformance.
- On-Site Readiness Review (ORR-Stage 1 Audit) – As the first stage of the certification process, NSF-ISR verifies readiness of the MS to continue with the certification process.
- Certification Audit (Stage 2) – Our audit team conducts an on-site audit to verify conformity to the specified standard.
- Independent Review – A certification board reviewer recommends the final certification/recertification decision.
- Notification of Certification – We notify your organization in writing, issue the certificate and publish the certification in our online listings.
- Surveillance Audits – NSF-ISR performs semiannual or annual audits to verify the MS is being maintained.
- Reassessment – NSF-ISR performs reassessment audits in accordance with requirements.
ISO 9001:2015 Revision
Published on September 15, 2015, ISO 9001:2015 brings the standard up to date with changes in technology, the workforce and the world since the last major revision 15 years ago. The standard can be purchased through the NSF Bookstore
The new version of the quality management standard follows an updated, higher-level structure that allows it to be more easily used in conjunction with other management system standards. Additionally, more emphasis is placed on risk in this version of the standard. The new standard is less prescriptive than the previous version, instead focusing on performance. This focus is achieved through a combination of risk-based thinking and a process approach, as well as employment of the “plan-do-check-act” cycle at all levels in the organization.
Below are summaries and links to the ISO 9001:2015 transition tools:
Readiness Assessment Tool
The Readiness Assessment Tool helps organizations determine their readiness for transitioning to ISO 9001:2015. We recognize that there are many levels of readiness, and this tool is meant to help you determine your next steps on the journey to full compliance with the new standard. It is our hope that you can use the results from the readiness assessment to improve your quality management systems. START NOW
Use our guide to the ISO 9001:2015 transition to identify areas of the standard that have been updated and the major themes of the standard. DOWNLOAD THE GUIDE
NSF-ISR has on-demand webinars available to guide you through the changes from ISO 9001:2008 to ISO 9001:2015. DOWNLOAD THE WEBINARS
ISO 9001:2015 Upgrade Planner and Delta Checklist
Prior to an off-site review, on-site gap analysis or upgrade audit, we recommend that you complete the ISO 9001:2015 upgrade planner and delta checklist. DOWNLOAD THE PLANNER AND CHECKLIST
Top Management Letter
The new standard requires your organization’s top management involvement to further enhance your organizations policies, as well as to provide a framework and guidance to personnel assigned to manage the quality management system. We have developed a letter that can be used to help explain these new requirements to your top management team. DOWNLOAD THE LETTER
- 3 months ago
The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) published the updated ISO 13485 medical devices quality management systems standard on March 1,...
- 6 months ago
NSF International Strategic Registrations (NSF-ISR) has received accreditation from the ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board (ANAB) for ISO 9001:2015, Quality management...
- 8 months ago
The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) published the updated ISO 9001 quality management systems standard on September 23, 2015. NSF-ISR...