CBD and Hemp Product Certification
To ensure that consumers have safer options for popular hemp and CBD products, NSF can certify finished products to the following Standards or Guidelines:
- NSF/ANSI 173 (Dietary Supplements Contents Certified)
- NSF 229 (Functional Foods)
- NSF 306 (NSF Certified for Sport®)
- NSF 527 (Personal Care Contents Certified)
Hemp and CBD product certification helps brands by:
- Certifying that their products do not contain unacceptable levels of contaminants, including those specific to hemp, like THC and certain solvents
- Verifying the validity of label claims by an accredited body
- Evaluating brands by demonstrating a dedication to quality
Ensuring ongoing evaluation to the industry leading GMP requirements for each facility that manufactures or packages NSF Certified product.
NSF Certified for Sport® and Hemp/CBD
Finished products seeking NSF Certified for Sport® certification must meet the additional strict THC requirements of NSF 306 in addition to the over 280 banned substances banned by professional sports leagues and anti-doping organizations.
NSF GMP Certification and Hemp/CBD
NSF GMP certification (for dietary supplement, functional foods or cosmetic and personal care manufacturers or packers) or registration (for dietary ingredient manufacturing) provides consumers and retailers with assurance that products produced are consistent with GMPs, appropriate quality-control procedures and industry best practices.
NSF can also certify your facility operations to:
- NSF/ANSI 455-2 for dietary supplements
- NSF/ANSI 455-3 for cosmetics
- Dietary ingredient manufacturing can achieve NSF 173 GMP registration