Product Category Rules
Product Category Rule Development
As an American National Standards Institute (ANSI) eligible program operator, NSF can guide industries, trade organizations or individual companies through an ISO 14025-compliant process to develop a product category rule (PCR) for their product categories. We are a global leader in the development of PCRs and have extensive experience working with industries and stakeholders. We use an open consultative process to develop PCRs with participation from expert stakeholders in product manufacturing, supply chain management, regulatory, environmental consulting, life cycle assessment and other interested parties.
As a program operator, NSF can assist your company in developing PCRs across multiple product groups and industries. We can expertly guide your organization through an ISO 14025-compliant process to develop a PCR for your product categories.
Participate on a PCR Committee or as a Public Commenter
Are you interested in being a part of the PCR development and revision process? You can participate as a voter or an observer on our PCR Committee, or provide one-time feedback to our PCR Committee during a 30-day public comment period.
Sign Up to Participate!
Product Category Rules
Product category rules have been developed for the following product categories:
- ACA Architectural Coatings PCR (PDF) - Extended 12 months per PCRExt 2022-103 - valid through June 30, 2023
- ACA Powder Coatings PCR (PDF)
- BIFMA Office Furniture Workspace Products PCR (PDF) - Extended 12 months per PCRExt 2022-109- valid through July 31, 2023
- BIFMA Storage PCR (PDF) - Extended 12 months per PCRExt 2022-108– valid through June 30, 2023
- BIFMA Seating PCR (PDF) - Extended12 months per PCRExt 2022-110 - valid through September 30, 2023
- BIFMA Tables PCR (PDF)
- Concrete PCR (PDF) v2.1
- Gypsum Panel Products PCR v1.1 (PDF)
- NGA Flat Glass PCR v2 (PDF)
- RCMA PCR for Roof Coatings: NAICS 324122 & 325510 (PDF)
- Residential Countertops PCR (PDF) - Extended 6 months per PCRExt 2022-111 - valid through March 31, 2023
Please note: this PCR has been extended through March 31, 2023, in order for LCA/EPD projects underway to be completed during this time. The PCR will not be active after that date.
- Resinous Floor Coatings PCR v1e (PDF)
- Addendum to EnvironDec Heat Transfer Fluid PCR
New – Under Development
The following PCRs are original documents currently being developed. When complete, they will be posted under the Published section.
- ACA Coil Coatings
PCRs for Which NSF Is the Program Operator
- ASTM ARMA Asphalt Roofing
- ASTM Asphalt Shingles
- ASTM Clay Brick, Clay Brick Pavers, and Structural Clay Tile - Extended 12 months per PCRExt 2022-104 – valid through June 30, 2023
- ASTM Construction Aggregates: Natural Aggregate, Crushed Concrete, and Iron/Steel Furnace Slag – Extended 12 months per PCRExt 2022-101 – valid through December 31, 2022
- ASTM Interior Architectural Wood Door Leaves - Extended 6 months per PCRExt 2022-107 – valid through December 31, 2022
- ASTM North American Pressure-treated Wood Products - Extended 6 months per PCRExt 2022-105 – valid through December 31, 2022
- ASTM Portland, Blended, Masonry, Mortar and Plastic (Stucco) Cement, v3.2
- ASTM Power-Operated Pedestrian Doors and Revolving Doors - Extended 12 months per PCRExt 2022-114, valid through August 31, 2023
- ASTM Precast Concrete, v3.0
- ASTM Single Ply Roofing Membranes
- ASTM Slag Cement v2.0
- ASTM Spray-Applied Fire-Resistive Materials - Extended 12 months per PCRExt 2022-106 – valid through February 28, 2023
- ASTM Water Resistive and Air Barriers – Extended 12 months per PCRExt 2022-113, valid through September 30, 2023
- RCMA Roof Coatings – Extended 12 months per PCRExt 2022-114, valid through September 30, 2023
- Windows - Extended 12 months per PCRExt 2022-112 - valid through September 30, 2023
The following PCRs are currently under revision; a PDF of the current version can be found in the previous sections.
- Residential Countertops
Ready to Begin the Process?
Contact us with questions or to receive a quote.