Product Category Rules
Product Category Rule Development
As an American National Standards Institute (ANSI) eligible program operator, NSF can guide industries, trade organizations or individual companies through an ISO 14025-compliant process to develop a product category rule (PCR) for their product categories. We use an open consultative process to develop PCRs with participation from expert stakeholders in product manufacturing, supply chain management, regulatory, environmental consulting, life cycle assessment and other interested parties.
As a program operator, NSF can assist your company in developing PCRs across multiple product groups and industries. We can expertly guide your organization through an ISO 14025-compliant process to develop a PCR for your product categories.
Product Category Rules
Product category rules have been developed for the following product categories:
- ACA Architectural Coatings PCR (PDF)
- ACA Powder Coatings PCR (PDF)
- BIFMA Office Furniture Workspace Products PCR (PDF) - Extended per PCRext 2020-109 - valid through July 31, 2021
- BIFMA Seating PCR (PDF) - Extended per PCRext 2020-111 - valid through September 30, 2021
- BIFMA Storage PCR (PDF) - Extended per PCRExt 2020-106 – valid through June 30, 2021
- BIFMA Tables PCR (PDF)
- Concrete PCR (PDF)
- Gypsum Panel Products PCR v1.1 (PDF)
- NGA Flat Glass PCR v2 (PDF)
- RCMA PCR for Roof Coatings: NAICS 324122 & 325510 (PDF)
- Residential Countertops PCR (PDF) - Extended per PCRExt 2021-103 - valid through September 17, 2021
- Resinous Floor Coatings PCR (PDF)
- Addendum to EnvironDec Heat Transfer Fluid PCR
New – Under Development
The following PCRs are original documents currently being developed. When complete, they will be posted under the Published section.
- ACA Coil Coatings
PCRs for Which NSF International Is the Program Operator
- ASTM ARMA Asphalt Roofing
- ASTM Asphalt Shingles
- ASTM Interior Architectural Wood Door Leaves - Extended per PCRExt 2021-102 – valid through February 28, 2022
- ASTM Manufactured Concrete and Concrete Masonry Products - Extended per PCRExt 2020-104 - valid through November 30, 2020
- ASTM Portland, Blended, Masonry, Mortar and Plastic (Stucco) Cement, v3.1 - Includes deviation 2020-037
- ASTM Precast Concrete - Extended per PCRExt 2021-101 – valid through August 31, 2021
- ASTM Single Ply Roofing Membranes
- ASTM Slag Cement v2.0
The following PCRs are currently under revision; a PDF of the current version can be found in the previous sections.
- ASTM Interior Architectural Wood Door Leaves
- ASTM Manufactured Concrete and Concrete Masonry Products
- ASTM Precast Concrete
- BIFMA Storage
- Windows - Extended per PCRExt 2020-110 - valid through September 30, 2021
Ready to Begin the Process?
Contact us with questions or to receive a quote.