Electrical Safety Certification
When you bring your electrical equipment to market, the many regulatory and regional considerations can sometimes feel overwhelming. That’s where we come in.
NSF has expertise in the electrical sector and can help ensure your products check all the necessary boxes for successful product acceptance.
U.S. Electrical Equipment Compliance: NRTL Certification
Electrical equipment sold in the U.S. must be certified by a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL) to the appropriate standards in the National Electrical Code (NEC) based on product type. NRTLs are identified and vetted by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). By working with a NRTL, you can be sure that your product meets the proper U.S. electrical requirements.
NSF is an OSHA-approved NRTL and we provide testing for various product types.
Canadian Electrical Equipment Compliance: SCC
Electrical equipment sold in Canada must be certified by a Standards Council of Canada (SCC)-accredited certification body to the appropriate standards outlined in the Canadian Electrical Code (CEC).
NSF is accredited as a certification body by the SCC.
Research & Development/Test-Only Projects
Aside from testing for certification, we also offer test-only electrical projects for manufacturers who want to get specific information about their product’s performance for research and development purposes.
Product Types Covered
We conduct electrical testing and certification based on the product type, including:
- Pool products
- Wastewater treatment products
- Drinking water systems
- Electrical conduit piping
- Water coolers
- Vending machines
- Commercial ice machines
- Commercial ovens
- Commercial refrigerators and freezers
- Commercial steam cookers
- Commercial dishwashers
- Vending machines
- Food holding cabinets
- And so many more
What Sets Us Apart
Working with NSF means you can always count on:
- Bundled service offerings: We can bundle your health effects (NSF/ANSI/CAN 50 or 61) or sanitation certifications with your electrical projects, which can help combine audits and costs.
- Streamlining your internal processes: Dealing with one vendor for all your testing and certification projects streamlines your internal processes.
- Regulatory compliance: Ensure all regulatory requirements for your products are met across the U.S. and Canada.
- Working with experts: Our team of electrical engineers will evaluate your products with the highest level of professional expertise.
- Accurate test results: Our labs are held to the highest standards, so you can have complete confidence in the accuracy of your test results.
Ready to Begin the Process?
Contact us with questions or to receive a quote.
Standards Updates: NSF/ANSI 40, NSF/ANSI 245, NSF/ANSI 350, and NSF/ANSI 41
Brass Rod Alloys Added To Annex N-2 of NSF/ANSI/CAN 61
Electrical FAQs: Do I Need a NRTL? Do Electronics Need To Be UL Certified?