Registered Products for Food Processing and Distribution
Inspire trust in your chemicals and products used in food processing and distribution operations. They need to be safe for sanitizing floors or drains, fighting pests, ensuring that machinery operates efficiently with minimal downtime, and guaranteeing that proprietary food substances, like fruit and vegetables, are fit for processing.
The NSF nonfood compound registration program covers a wide range of products and chemicals frequently used in food processing, distribution and warehousing. It’s designed to ensure that chemicals, including cleaners, pesticides, lubricants and degreasers, are safely formulated to meet relevant food safety standards.
The NSF White Book™ makes it easy to find products independently validated as suitable for use in food processing and distribution operations.
Chemical manufacturers can count on:
- A cost-effective, industry-recognized registration program operating worldwide
- Chemical evaluation by NSF scientists, chemists and toxicologists
- An efficient process to speed your latest innovations to market
End users benefit from:
- Easy identification of food-safe chemicals for use in food processing through their listing in the NSF White Book and display of the relevant NSF nonfood compound registration mark
- Assurance that the products are safe to use in food operations, such as distribution or processing
- Recognizing your commitment to good sanitation, hygiene and food safety practices
NSF’s registration program is trusted globally across the food industry. It is a continuation of the USDA product approval and listing program, which is based on meeting regulatory requirements, including FDA 21 CFR, for appropriate use and ingredient and labeling review.
The registration process comprises:
- Formulation review
- Label review
- Traceability review
- Product testing (if applicable)
Once registered, products can display the NSF registration mark. This recognized mark of assurance is trusted globally by the food industry and food safety regulators and auditors. Registered products are verified each year to maintain integrity.
Find registered products and ISO 21469 certified products in the NSF White BookTM, our online directory of registered nonfood compounds and proprietary substances.
Ready to Begin the Process?
Contact us with questions or to receive a quote.
White Paper: Seven Steps to a Clean and Sanitized Food Processing Facility
Six Reasons End Users Look for Certified Chemicals
Give Your Business a Competitive Advantage With Additional Certification:
ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems (QMS) Certification
Expand your global reach by establishing a quality framework for continual improvement of your processes, products and services.
ISO 14001 Environmental Management System (EMS) Standard
Meet the business challenges of being environmentally responsible without wasting resources.