NSF is accredited to certify to GLOBALG.A.P., a food safety certification program for agriculture and aquaculture producers.
GLOBALG.A.P. is a private sector body that sets voluntary standards (based on Good Agricultural Practices) for certifying agricultural products around the globe.
The GLOBALG.A.P. food safety standard encompasses all process activities on the farm and is a business-to-business certification. Covering 80 countries, it is based on reviewing on-farm compliance against three main scopes: crops, livestock and aquaculture. We can provide GLOBALG.A.P. certification in many of the sub-scopes.
Get Independent Verification of Compliance With International Standards
By achieving GLOBALG.A.P. certification with NSF, a food supplier can assure that food has been produced, prepared and handled according to the highest possible standards.
In addition, we can provide the following certifications and add-ons:
- GLOBALG.A.P. Harmonized Produce Safety Standard (HPSS): The HPSS is designed for fruit and vegetable producers located or selling in the United States. It is based on the U.S. Harmonized GAP standard, benchmarked to the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) and available in the Americas only.
- GLOBALG.A.P. Integrated Farm Assurance (IFA): This globally recognized food safety standard improves farm management practices and compliance with legislation in food safety, protection of the environment, worker health and safety, and animal welfare. These certifications are available:
- GLOBALG.A.P. IFA Fruits and Vegetables
- GLOBALG.A.P. IFA Flowers and Ornamentals
- GLOBALG.A.P. IFA Plant Propagation Material
- GLOBALG.A.P. IFA Combinable Crops (not currently available in the Americas)
- GLOBALG.A.P. Chain of Custody (CoC): This standard identifies the status of GLOBALG.A.P. certified product throughout the entire supply chain, from farm to retailer. It lays out strict requirements for handling certified products and segregating certified and non-certified produce in processing.
- localg.a.p./Primary Farm Assurance
- GLOBALG.A.P. Add-ons
- GLOBALG.A.P. Risk Assessment on Social Practice (GRASP) add-on
- FSMA-PSR add-on
- SPRING add-on
- NURTURE add-on
- GLOBALG.A.P. Plus add-on (Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa only)
- GLOBALG.A.P. AH-DLL Grow add-on v.3
- TR4 Biosecurity for Bananas add-on (Americas only)
- SIZA Environmental add-on (Europe, Middle East and Africa only)
- GLOBALG.A.P. Farm Sustainability Assessment (GGFSA) add-on (Europe, Middle East and Africa only)
- Biodiversity (European Union only)
Ready to Begin the Process?
Contact us with questions or to receive a quote.
Key Considerations for Food Supply Chain Sustainability Assurance Programs
Taking Steps Toward Food Supply Chain Sustainability
New GLOBALG.A.P. IFA Version 5.4-1 for Fruit and Vegetables