Seafood Product Evaluation
Trust NSF International to independently verify and assess the seafood products you buy and sell, as well as for insurance claim valuation. Our customizable services can help you manage risk, ensure compliance and improve product quality, safety and customer satisfaction throughout the supply chain.
We work with all types of clients—importers, exporters, processors, aquaculture farms and facilities, retailers, restaurants and distributors—to help ensure product safety, quality, consistency, transparency and sustainability.
Gain Confidence Through Seafood Product Evaluation and Testing
Our science-based third-party services include:
- Raw material inspection: At any point in the supply chain—from immediately after catch or removal from farms, to production and storage, to retail verification—we can ensure all raw materials comply with your specifications to help you identify quality issues and improve product marketability.
- Container loading inspection: We provide oversight and verification of container shipments to ensure your product is loaded according to your exact specifications. We inspect the sanitation of the shipping container and check the temperature of the product before and during loading and of the container before loading. Finally, we verify the seal once the container is closed.
- Data and reporting: Our NSF system for data and reporting allows us to effectively monitor and evaluate supplier performance and product specifications, mitigating supply chain risk and improving productivity management.
- Livestream monitoring: We can help you improve efficiency with real-time, two-way communication via our EyeSucceed smartglass livestreaming for inspections, training and demonstrations.
- On-site physical evaluation: On-site product evaluation assures product is produced to specification and meets quality standards before shipping.
- Sampling and testing using independent laboratories: NSF contracts with ISO/IEC 17025 accredited labs globally, collects and ships samples as needed for microbial, chemical, antibiotic residual and DNA speciation testing to client specifications.
Ready to Begin the Process?
Contact us with questions or to receive a quote.
News and Events
NSF International Acquires Global Trust Certification
January 6, 2021
NSF International Relocates Seafood Services Program to Port of Everett
May 30, 2019
New Study: Most Americans Hold Retailers Responsible for Quality and Safety of Health and Wellness Products
September 14, 2021
GMP Harmonization: NSF Is Approved for Amazon Supplement Sales Rules
May 7, 2021