CBD and Hemp Product Certification
To ensure that consumers have safer options for popular hemp and CBD products, NSF can certify them to the following standards:
- NSF/ANSI 173 (Contents Certified)
- NSF 229
- NSF 306 (NSF Certified for Sport®)
NSF can also certify your facility operations to NSF/ANSI 455-2 for dietary supplements and NSF/ANSI 455-3 for cosmetics, and your dietary ingredient manufacturing can achieve NSF 173 GMP registration.
Hemp and CBD product certification helps brands by:
- Certifying that their products do not contain unacceptable levels of contaminants, including those specific to hemp, like THC and certain solvents
- Verifying the validity of label claims by an accredited body
- Elevating brands by demonstrating a dedication to quality
Finished products with use instructions of up to 60 milligrams per day can be certified with these cautionary statements:
- Not intended for children
- Do not use if pregnant, nursing or trying to conceive
- Intended for short-term use
NSF Certified for Sport® and Hemp/CBD
Finished products seeking NSF Certified for Sport® certification must meet the additional strict THC requirements of NSF 306.
NSF GMP Certification and Hemp/CBD
GMP certification (for dietary supplement manufacturers or packers) or registration (for dietary ingredient manufacturing) provides consumers and retailers with assurance that your product is manufactured utilizing best industry practices.
Ready to Begin the Process?
Contact us with questions or to receive a quote.
Roundtable: Division One Performance Nutrition Teams Discuss Their Top Concerns
Amazon Trends & Insights: What's Fueling the Sports Nutrition Boom?
NSF/ANSI 455-3: Cosmetics GMP Certification