NSF REG4 Certification
The NSF REG4 certification scheme for the UK market allows plumbing products and materials that are in contact with drinking water to demonstrate compliance with the UK’s Water Supply (Water Fittings) regulations and byelaws. We developed this certification as a streamlined way for plumbing product manufacturers and materials suppliers to demonstrate conformance to UK regulations and gain timely access to the UK market.
Going through the certification process also helps you advance your entire supply chain and business to a higher level.
NSF REG4 requirements apply to the following regulations that are in place across the UK:
- Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations 1999
- Water Supply (Water Fittings) (Scotland) Byelaws 2014
- Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2009
This scheme covers water fittings, pipes and appliances that come into contact with drinking water. Products include valves, backflow-prevention devices, taps, mixers, shower heads, pipes and fittings, tanks, cisterns, water meters, washing machines, dishwashers, steam ovens, and many others. NSF REG4 approval also extends to non-metallic products, like rubbers, coatings, cement, resins and sealants.
Depending on the number of products you sell in the UK, NSF offers two solutions tailored to meet your needs:
- NSF REG4 1+, which includes an annual facility audit requirement that enables a reduced level of retesting after five years
- NSF REG4 S3, which does not have a facility audit requirement but mandates a full retest after five years
The certification process was very smooth compared to other options. Being able to speak directly with NSF's technical team helped clarify technical questions, which dramatically shortened the timeframe.
Ready To Begin the Process?
Contact us with questions or to receive a quote.
NSF REG4 Readiness Tool
The Top 10 Reasons to Apply for NSF REG4 Certification
REG4: Now Is the Time to Rethink Your UK Water Fittings Certification