A-Z of Sterile Products Manufacture Training
22.5hr instructor led, 1.5hr self-paced
About This Course
From air change rates to Z values and everything in between!
For over 30 years we have hosted this highly participative and popular sterile products manufacturing training course. Thousands of pharmaceutical industry professionals around the world have benefitted from learning about key scientific, technical and regulatory challenges associated with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) of sterile products manufacturing. Whether you need to meet EU, FDA or any other regulatory agency’s needs, this course gives you the knowledge, skills and tools to succeed.
A pharma product administered parenterally bypasses the body’s natural defense mechanisms. Consequently, any quality defect could potentially cause serious harm to the end user. Linking everything you do to providing a safe and effective formulation to the end user is critical. Our manufacturing sterile products training course concentrates on how product quality is assured via practical and interactive review of the science and compliance behind sterile products manufacturing.
If you choose our virtual learning option, training will be delivered via a combination of an instructor-led virtual classroom and self-paced learning online. Full details will be sent to you following registration.
This course is approved by the Royal Society of Chemistry as suitable for its members’ continuing professional development.
Key Learning Objectives
Completion of this sterile products training course will enable you to:
- Describe a typical sterile production process and the facility, equipment and utilities associated with sterile product manufacture
- Know what aspects require detailed definition, validation and ongoing monitoring
- Know the typical failure modes and how to determine most probable root cause and mitigation strategies
- Understand how the key attributes of a sterile product impact:
- The pharmaceutical quality system
- The organization
- The management oversight process
- Risk management and mitigation
- The end user or patient
We want you to learn, be engaged and have fun as well as take away practical knowledge that is immediately useful back in the workplace. Carefully designed case studies, teamwork tasks and problem-solving exercises (facilitated by highly experienced course tutors) ensure that you learn by doing.
- Regulatory Standards for Sterile Products
- Creating the Controlled Environment
The design, validation, operation and maintenance of:
- Isolators and restricted access barrier systems (RABS)
- Sterile preparation and formulation
- Water (from bore hole to water for injection)
- Aseptic and Terminal Sterilization (TS) Production Methods
- Environmental Monitoring (The What, Why and How)
- Routine Disinfection (A Quality Critical Activity)
- Critical Utilities
- Sterilization Processes: Everything You Need to Know
- Moist heat (autoclaves)
- Dry heat (ovens and tunnels)
- Vaporized hydrogen peroxide (VHP) surface sanitization
- Process Simulations (Media Fills): The What, Why, How and What If
- Regulatory requirements
- How to design media fills “fit for purpose”
- Best industry practice
- What to do when they fail
- Container Integrity and Particulate Inspection
- How to validate and test
- How to manage failures (from root cause investigation to corrective and preventive action (CAPA) implementation)
- People Issues
- How to select, educate and manage cleanroom staff
- Gowning and good aseptic practices
- How to motivate, lead by example and understand, promote and enforce good aseptic behaviors
- Problem Solving and Troubleshooting (Dealing With the Unplanned)
- What to do when things go wrong
Course tutors will be selected from the following:
Emma Ewins - Emma has over 20 years of experience in pharmaceutical operations management, technical services and QA, gained working for international pharmaceutical organizations. She has held roles in development, manufacturing, site leadership and QA where she has been responsible for fully outsourced operations, supply chains, process development, validation, engineering and manufacturing.
Darren Jones - With extensive operational QA experience including being an MHRA inspector specializing in sterile products, Darren is an internationally recognized expert in his field. His unique insight is indelibly linked to how to audit in a way that provides accurate identification of GMP deficiencies and proportionate assessment of product, patient and GMP risk.
Lana Morrison - Lana has spent most of her career in operational quality positions within solid dose and sterile product manufacturing and packaging and in auditing companies, mainly in the EU and U.S., for both clinical and commercial products. Lana has worked for large multinational companies, virtual companies and small start-ups.
James Culyer – James has over 20 years’ experience in technical, quality and managerial roles within parenteral, non-sterile liquid, oral solid dosage and inhalation product manufacture. He has extensive experience managing all aspects of manufacturing site quality management systems and is a specialist in global supply chain assurance activities.
Multi-delegate discounts available. Discounts also offered to NHS staff, regulators and charities.
Designed to provide aspiring QPs and pharma quality professionals with the knowledge they need to be able to assess microbiological risks.
Equipment Qualification and Process Validation
Understand EU and FDA requirements for design, execution, assessment and reporting of equipment qualification and process validation studies.
Quality Risk Management
Get tools and techniques designed to improve your decision-making skills and better protect your company and the patient.