Supplier Management Training
Currently there are no upcoming Supplier Management Training courses scheduled. Contact us to find out when the next course will run or if you need customized training. We can deliver this course and a broad range of other training topics at your location, off-site or virtually.Contact us
About This Course
This interactive, two-day management of suppliers training course equips you with all the tools to develop, implement or improve your pharmaceutical supplier management programs.
Using a risk-based approach, we will look at processes for selecting, introducing and maintaining suppliers. These tools will be scalable to your specific business situation. There will be something to learn, no matter what goods and service supply you are involved in. These principles can be applied to sterile APIs, calibration services, unbranded cardboard boxes and everything in between.
At the end of the two days, you will leave with the appropriate tools and management skills needed to increase the value of your supply chain and meet regulatory expectations.
If you choose our virtual learning option, training will be delivered via a combination of an instructor-led virtual classroom and self-paced learning online. Full details will be sent to you following registration.
Key Learning Objectives
By the end of this training, you will be able to:
- Understand regulatory expectations regarding supplier management
- Understand the plan, do, check, act cycle of supplier management
- Build a cross-functional team to develop business requirements
- Develop tools for initial assessment and supplier selection
- Introduce a new supplier – including approval, putting technical agreements in place and collecting regulatory information
- Establish a risk-based audit program
- Monitor and manage supplier performance
- Handle issues and complaints
- Develop an improvement program
- Manage termination of supply
- Contribute to company efficiency and profitability
Why You Should Attend
The supply of goods and services from third parties is essential to the prosperity of any business. This is especially true in the pharmaceutical industry as indicated by the increasing regulatory attention on supplier management. This course helps to demonstrate the importance of value, rather than basic cost, of purchased items being a driver. A good supplier quality management program is a great tool for reducing the cost of poor quality and increasing company efficiency.
Who Should Attend
- Quality staff responsible for supplier interaction
- Incoming quality control personnel
- QPs either qualified or going through the training program
- Procurement/purchasing staff dealing with raw materials, components, packaging or services
Lynne Byers - Lynne has over 35 years of experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing management and quality assurance, working for three major international pharmaceutical manufacturers. She is an expert in international QA auditing of a wide range of manufacturers supplying the pharmaceutical industry worldwide and has experience managing QA teams’ in-country affiliates.
Lynne has broad experience with a wide range of sterile and non-sterile dosage forms. She is fully conversant with current EU and FDA GMP regulations and requirements.
Multi-delegate discounts available. Discounts also offered to NHS staff, regulators and charities.
Quality Risk Management
Get tools and techniques designed to improve your decision making skills and better protect your company and the patient.
Pharmaceutical GMP Audits and Self-Inspections
Learn how to perform your best audit and become a certified GMP Pharmaceutical Quality Systems Lead Auditor.
Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients
Get a unique insight into the regulatory expectations associated with producing both chemically synthesized APIs and biological/biotech APIs.