Water Quality Testing Device Certification
Water quality testing devices (WQTDs) are required to meet specific testing and certification requirements depending on their application/end use, device type and the region where they are being sold.
Let us help you with the certifications that are required and most beneficial to your WQTD product, which might include: NSF Protocol P524, NSF/ANSI/CAN 61 and/or NSF/ANSI/CAN 50.
NSF Protocol P524
NSF can make your product stand out using data.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) says sensors continue to be important in monitoring new and existing water quality issues1. The data they provide is the basis of many important decisions end users make – meaning the accuracy and precision claims made by manufacturers about these devices must be reliable.
Third-party validation of performance claims for drinking water quality test devices is critical.
Certify to NSF P524
Get third-party validation of the accuracy and precision claims made for your WQTD.
We can create a specific test plan to measure the accuracy and precision of many parameters.
Some of the most popular are:
- Specific Metals Concentrations
- Specific Organic Compounds
- E. coli
- Specific Conductance
- Total Chlorine Residual
- Total Coliform
- Total Suspended Solids (TSS)
These are only examples. We can also create test plans for many other parameters.
Product Types Covered by P524
The scope covers both in-line and handheld/benchtop offline devices used in drinking water applications.
Choose NSF for Protocol P524 and Count On:
- Marketable data: Your official test report will show your product’s performance. This is powerful information you can feature in your marketing materials.
- Access to the NSF mark: Water utilities already know and respect NSF. They look for our mark because it’s viewed as a sign of quality, which transfers to your certified product.
- Featured listing on the NSF website: Nearly 400,000 people viewed our listings in 2022. Don’t miss out on this visibility. Our listings are a popular way for water utilities to shop for certified products.
- Dedicated account management: A specific NSF manager will handle your project. Whether you’re new to certification or very familiar with it, you’ll always have a single point of contact.
- Our testing is done in-house: There’s no need to manage lab accreditations or complicated self-testing. Let us take care of all those requirements for you.