HACCP Compliance Verification - EU
- HCV for Manufacturers
- HCV for Specifiers
- Verification Process
- European Guidelines and Legislation
The HACCP Compliance Verification – Europe (HCV EU) Program verifies the hygienic quality of commercial food equipment. With this all-inclusive program, manufacturers can demonstrate their commitment to food safety and compliance with relevant European guidelines and legislation.
Retail and restaurant chains can refer to it to develop specifications for hygienic aspects of the equipment they select to buy. Thanks to the independent third-party verification the program offers, they can be sure these requirements are met.
HCV EU covers three aspects of food equipment -- food contact materials, cleanability and hygienic design, and hygienic performance -- and addresses the three categories of hazards that are considered in a HACCP plan -- chemical, physical and microbiological. It is based upon European legislation and guidelines, such as EC 1935/2004 for food contact materials and EN 1672-2 for hygienic design.
HCV for Manufacturers
If you are a food equipment manufacturer operating in the European market, you can use the HACCP Compliance Verification – Europe (HCV EU) Program to:
- Demonstrate your commitment to food safety and hygienic quality
- Reassure your customers that your equipment meets the requirements for a HACCP-controlled environment
- Benefit from an independent third-party verification and a detailed report on hygienic quality
- Strengthen the marketing value of your brand
- Use a mark from the industry leader in food equipment verification and certification
- Show legal compliance with European requirements, such as EU 1935/2004 for food contact materials.
- Get expert advice on implementing hygienic principles during the development of your products
HCV for Specifiers
If you are responsible for a hygienic environment in a food service or retail establishment in the European market, you need to make sure the food equipment you buy complies with HACCP principles.
The specifications for this equipment should therefore include European requirements regarding food contact materials, hygienic design, cleanability and performance.
The HCV EU program offers you the support you need. It provides:
- Advice on how to identify the HACCP risks that are related to food equipment
- Support when defining the specifications relating to hygienic aspects for new food equipment
- An independent third-party verification to check whether the equipment you selected meets the HCV requirements
- A public listing of all verified equipment
The HACCP Compliance Verification process is carried out by NSF International and consists of these steps:
- You submit an application.
- We evaluate the hygienic quality of the equipment, to meet minimum HACCP requirements. This can include:
- Review and testing of the food contact materials according to EU regulation 1935/2004
- Verification of hygienic design and cleanability of the equipment
- Hygienic performance testing - if applicable, for instance of the capability to hold food at safe temperatures or the efficiency of the cleaning in place.
- We report on the results and grant approval to use the HCV mark on the verified products, literature and websites.
- The equipment is registered in the online public database of HCV EU verified equipment.
European Guidelines and Legislation
The HACCP Compliance Verification – Europe (HCV EU) Program is based on the following European guidelines and legislation:
- Regulation EC 1935/2004 - Framework regulation on materials and articles intended to come into contact with food
- EN 1672-2 - Food processing machinery - Basic concepts - Part 2: Hygiene requirements
Compliance testing to other regulations such as BfR, LFGB and DIN EN 16889 (the former DIN 10531), can be included upon request.
- 9 months ago
Français | Nederlands | Português | Deutsch | Español | 中国 ANN ARBOR, Mich. USA and WAVRE, Belgium – NSF...
- 11 months ago
ANN ARBOR, Mich. – Yvonne Anding, Senior Lead Auditor at global public health organization NSF International, has been recognized as...
- 12 months ago
ANN ARBOR, Mich – NSF International, a global public health and safety organization that provides food safety and quality assurance...