Manufacturers Stand Out With NSF Certifications for Sustainable Building Products
NSF Can Help Manufacturers of Building Products Meet Today’s Expectations
As global climate change advances, manufacturers are feeling pressure to provide sustainable and responsibly sourced building products. This is not only due to a growing need to protect our environment, but also to meet the demand from consumers as they become increasingly aware of how their purchasing and lifestyle decisions affect the environment.
In addition, more customers are asking manufacturers for greater transparency about a product’s sustainability, including material ingredient disclosure, energy impact, corporate social responsibility, product durability, end-of-life options, and human health and safety.
NSF’s certifications for building products and furnishings — including stone, carpet, wallcoverings, flooring, roofing and furniture — focus on different aspects of sustainability. Our certification can also help with a building’s overall rating for LEED, WELL Certification and the Living Building Challenge, demonstrating the owner’s understanding and prioritization of sustainable practices.
NSF Certification Helps Businesses Grow
NSF has certified hundreds of building products for manufacturers, which has assisted their entry into local and international markets by addressing several sustainability metrics. In addition, we’re the sole certifier for the Wallcoverings Association and the Natural Stone Institute. Our product certifications include:
- NSF/ANSI 140: Sustainability Assessment for Carpet
- NSF/ANSI 332: Sustainability Assessment for Resilient Floor Coverings
- NSF/ANSI 342: Sustainability Assessment for Wallcovering Products
- NSF/ANSI 347: Sustainability Assessment for Single-Ply Roofing Membranes
- ANSI/NSC 373: Sustainable Production of Natural Dimension Stone
- ANSI/BIFMA e3 (LEVEL®): Furniture Sustainability Standard
Enjoy the Benefits of NSF Certified Building Products
Third-party certification helps manufacturers better meet the growing demand for products that are sustainably manufactured. Certification by NSF can also enable manufacturers to:
- Show customers that their products have been certified by one of the most respected independent certification organizations in the world.
- Demonstrate social responsibility.
- Enhance their brand and stand out from competitors.
- Obtain preferred vendor status from specifiers such as government entities who want to purchase sustainably made products.
- Meet state and federal procurement guidelines.
- Gain efficiencies and cost savings in manufacturing operations.