ISO 45001/OHSAS 18001
More than 370 million accidents occur on the job annually, and more than 2.78 million people die each year due to work-related activities.1
Commit to keeping your workforce safe.
ISO 45001 identifies occupational health exposures and safety hazards to minimize the risk of injury. Independent, third-party certification to ISO 45001 is a legal or contractual requirement for many sectors and industries.
A registered certificate establishes your company's credibility and demonstrates that your processes meet customer and consumer expectations. ISO 45001 replaces OHSAS 18001.
In addition to controlling hazards, this proactive, preventative initiative works with your existing management system to implement forward-thinking safety initiatives. It will help your company:
- Foster a safe and healthy work environment
- Minimize workplace-related injuries and illnesses
- Meet OH&S legal and policy requirements
NSF-ISR is consistently ranked as one of the top accredited registrars for overall customer satisfaction. Whether you're applying for first-time certification, transferring your registration or integrating your management systems, our team of industry experts can help support your organization throughout the process.
ISO 45001:2018 Migration
OHSAS 18001 will be withdrawn in 2021, with certificates expiring on September 30, 2021. Current OHSAS 18001 clients will need to migrate to ISO 45001 to ensure continuity of their occupational health and safety management program to protect employee and public health.
Migration Tools and Resources
Transition smoothly from OHSAS 18001 to ISO 45001. To help understand the new international standard for occupational health and safety, NSF International Strategic Registrations (NSF-ISR) has developed resources to simplify your migration process.
- If you are a current NSF-ISR client, check the Announcements section of your NSF Connect portal for additional tools.
- ISO 45001 Migration Process Overview: This clear overview of the migration process includes important upcoming dates and outlines the different migration audit options.
- Migration Guide: Contains facts about ISO 45001, key changes from OHSAS 18001 and information about how to prepare for the migration.
- Migration Readiness Tool: Can be re-used throughout your migration process to help identify your organization’s progress as well as identify opportunities for improvement before undergoing an audit.
- Webinar: Lessons Learned: Migration to ISO 45001: Provides helpful tips and best practices for organizations going through their migration from OHSAS 18001 to ISO 45001, or tackling ISO 45001 certification for the first time.
- ISO 45001 Upgrade Planner and Delta Checklist: Jump start your migration with this document that captures areas of new requirements, changes and updates from the previous version of the standard. Once completed, send it to our expert lead auditor for a half-day minimum desk audit.
Ready to Begin the Process?
Contact us with questions or to receive a quote.
Your Remote Audit Questions Answered
IAOB and SMMT Provide New IATF 16949 Resources
Are You Preparing for the Responsible Recycling Version 3 (R2v3) Transition?
News and Events
Webinar Shares Lessons Learned During Migration to ISO 45001
June 9, 2020
Migrations and transitions are a beast for any organization to tackle. To help, NSF International Strategic Registrations (NSF-ISR) has recorded an ISO 45001 Lessons Learned webinar, which is a useful tool for organizations undertaking migration from OHSAS 18001 to ISO 45001 or tackling ISO 45001 certification for the first time.
NSF-ISR Webinar Addresses the Updated Audit Process During COVID-19
April 29, 2020
Like many organizations, we recognize that during this time we must adapt and look at ways to continue to meet the needs of our customers while still maintaining the integrity of our business and protecting public health and safety. Our updated audit process allows us to continue to provide comprehensive management systems registration services while keeping the health and safety of our team members, colleagues and clients our number one priority.
NSF-ISR Provides Alternate and Remote Audits for Management Systems Certification Due to COVID-19
April 3, 2020
Due to the evolving COVID-19 pandemic and impact on our clients, NSF International Strategic Registrations (NSF-ISR) has developed options to ensure the continuity of certification, while doing our part to protect our number one priority, the health and safety of our team members, colleagues and customers.
Meet and Celebrate the NSF International Strategic Registrations Team With #TeamTuesday
December 10, 2019
Join NSF-ISR as we celebrate our stellar team members every Tuesday on the NSF International Strategic Registrations LinkedIn page.