Certified Investigator Training
Currently there are no upcoming Certified Investigator Training courses scheduled. Contact us to find out when the next course will run or if you need customized training. We can deliver this course and a broad range of other training topics at your location, off-site or virtually.Contact us
About This Course
This course covers all aspects of pharmaceutical investigations from defining and investigating the problem using root cause analysis tools to writing up the investigation and determining the corrective and preventive actions (CAPAs) using the CAPA hierarchy and CAPA effectiveness.
This course is suitable if you investigate incidents, approve deviations or if you work in quality control and perform out- of-specification investigations. The training will be delivered via an instructor-led virtual classroom over four days. On completion, participants can provide three of their investigations to NSF for an expert, independent assessment of the thoroughness of the investigation and the clarity of the written report. (To maintain confidentiality, these investigations may be redacted.)
Key Learning Objectives
At the end of this pharmaceutical investigator training, delegates will know and understand:
- Critical steps when investigating incidents
- Pharmaceutical root cause analysis tools
- The CAPA hierarchy
- Types of investigations, complaints, recalls, out-of-specification (OOS) and out-of-trend (OOT) investigations
- How to write up a clear and concise investigation
- Introduction to investigations, defining the problem, organizing and analysing data
- Anatomy of a problem (error-chain), active vs. latent, problem-solving tools, facilitation skills
- Recording the investigation, decision-making, developing CAPAs, CAPA effectiveness, CAPA hierarchy
- Deviation trending
- Types of investigations, complaints, recalls, OOS/OOT
Vicky Baulch has worked in the pharmaceutical industry for over 20 years at multiple companies and has a passion for patient safety, risk management and continuous improvement. She is a practicing QP, and very experienced at investigating deviations and making sure they are rigorously examined before approval. Vicky is an enthusiastic trainer who loves to share her experience.
Multiple delegate discounts apply.
Discounts offered to NHS staff, regulators and charities.
Deviation and CAPA Management
Learn what a good deviation system and deviation report look like.
Human Error Prevention
This is a focused, challenging workshop designed to improve your understanding of human error.
Pharmaceutical GMP Audits and Self-Inspections
Looking to become a CQI and IRCA-certified lead auditor? This is the course for you.