Human Performance: Beyond Human Error
About This Course
This is a focused, challenging human error prevention training course designed to improve your understanding of error causation. It is designed to dramatically reduce human error and repeat deviations. It goes beneath the surface of issues and looks to fix the real causes of human error and mistakes.
We all know:
- There is no such thing as a single root cause to any deviation incident.
- Human error should be the starting point of an investigation, rarely its conclusion.
- Most errors and mistakes are caused by systems created by leadership, i.e. if you want to prevent errors and mistakes you must fix the system, not blame people.
What you might not know is that many companies have dramatically reduced the cost of human error by applying the tools and techniques covered in our course.
Organizations tend to repeat issues over and over again because their solutions are mostly based on:
- Discipline (“The operator was counseled!”)
- Re-training (“Did not work last time, why would it this time?”)
- Updating the standard operating procedure (SOP) (“Extra checks? Reminders? In a document people cannot remember?!”)
These approaches are rarely fully effective. Our training course provides an approach that you and your team can use: Good practical steps that simplify processes and instructions while increasing conformity.
If you choose our virtual learning option, training will be delivered via a combination of an instructor-led virtual classroom and self-paced learning online. Full details will be sent to you following registration.
Key Learning Objectives
By the end of this pharmaceutical human error prevention training, you will understand:
- The psychology of human error and why we all make mistakes
- How to investigate error incidents properly to identify the multiple factors (the error chain)
- How to simplify your procedures and processes to reduce errors and mistakes
- How to error-proof processes and procedures
After the course, participants also gain free access to other error prevention resources and additional support.
Who Should Attend
This course is ideal if you:
- Are responsible for process improvement in your team and need help with the approach
- Have had issues with your deviations raised in your latest (and previous) inspections, especially issues that have not been investigated fully or are repeat issues
- Are committing a lot of time and effort on investigations but not truly addressing the issues you are finding
Catherine Kay - Catherine has extensive pharmaceutical operations management, technical and QA experience spanning more than 23 years, gained working for a major international pharmaceutical organization, a start-up manufacturing organization and, most recently, a contract manufacturing organization in a corporate operations role.
Discounts offered to NHS staff, regulators and charities.
Deviation and CAPA Management
Learn what a good deviation system and deviation report look like.
Learn practical tools to maximize the potential of your operation by simplifying your documentation and the content of procedures.
Changing GMP Behaviors
Learn how to improve performance by making new behaviors stick.