· 1 min read
U.S. Food Safety Modernization Act FDA Compliance Certification Seminar Held in Shanghai
NSF Certification, LLC, International, a wholly-owned subsidiary of NSF, is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) to certify supplier compliance with the FDA’s Foreign Supplier Verification Program (FSVP) and Voluntary Qualified Import Program (VQIP)1. With more than 70 companies, news media and food safety regulatory authorities in attendance, seminar presenters discussed how Chinese food manufacturers can enhance market access by verifying their compliance to the U.S. Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) regulations. Seminar speakers included:
- Xu Xiaoli, Head of the China National Food Safety HACCP Application Research Center
- Li Li, Vice President of the Chinese Academy of Inspection and Quarantine
- Kevan Lawlor, President and CEO of NSF
- Dr. Lori Bestervelt, Executive Vice President and Chief Technology Officer of NSF
- Tom Chestnut, Senior Vice President of NSF
- Che Wenyi, Chief Consultant of GFSI China Working Group
- Hao Weimin, Department Director of Shanghai Customs
Representatives from Carrefour, Auchan, ALDI China, Aramark, Metro, Ting Hsin International Group and Bright Group were also in attendance.
Following the seminar, NSF and the Chinese Academy of Inspection and Quarantine offered the U.S. Food Safety Modernization Act Preventive Controls for Human Food training course to help Chinese companies better understand the regulatory requirements. Developed by the Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance (FSPCA) and recognized by the U.S. FDA, the course provides participants an official FSPCA Preventive Controls Qualified Individual Certificate when successfully completed.
- Kevan Lawlor, President and CEO of NSF, discussed food safety certification and regulatory compliance at NSF’s U.S. FDA Compliance Seminar in Shanghai.
- Li Li, Vice President of the China Academy of Inspection and Quarantine, at NSF’s U.S. FDA Compliance Seminar in Shanghai.
- Participants learned about food compliance certifications and processes at NSF’s U.S. FDA Compliance Seminar in Shanghai.
- Tom Chestnut, Senior Vice President of NSF, demonstrates EyeSucceed smartglass technology for attendees at NSF’s U.S. FDA Compliance Seminar in Shanghai.
1NSF companies are accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI-Accredited Product Certification Body – Accreditation #1181).