· 1 min read
U.S. Food Safety Modernization Act FDA Compliance Certification Seminar Held in Shanghai
NSF Certification, LLC, International, a wholly-owned subsidiary of NSF International, is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) to certify supplier compliance with the FDA’s Foreign Supplier Verification Program (FSVP) and Voluntary Qualified Import Program (VQIP)1. With more than 70 companies, news media and food safety regulatory authorities in attendance, seminar presenters discussed how Chinese food manufacturers can enhance market access by verifying their compliance to the U.S. Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) regulations. Seminar speakers included:
- Xu Xiaoli, Head of the China National Food Safety HACCP Application Research Center
- Li Li, Vice President of the Chinese Academy of Inspection and Quarantine
- Kevan Lawlor, President and CEO of NSF International
- Dr. Lori Bestervelt, Executive Vice President and Chief Technology Officer of NSF International
- Tom Chestnut, Senior Vice President of NSF International
- Che Wenyi, Chief Consultant of GFSI China Working Group
- Hao Weimin, Department Director of Shanghai Customs
Representatives from Carrefour, Auchan, ALDI China, Aramark, Metro, Ting Hsin International Group and Bright Group were also in attendance.
Following the seminar, NSF International and the Chinese Academy of Inspection and Quarantine offered the U.S. Food Safety Modernization Act Preventive Controls for Human Food training course to help Chinese companies better understand the regulatory requirements. Developed by the Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance (FSPCA) and recognized by the U.S. FDA, the course provides participants an official FSPCA Preventive Controls Qualified Individual Certificate when successfully completed.
- Kevan Lawlor, President and CEO of NSF International, discussed food safety certification and regulatory compliance at NSF’s U.S. FDA Compliance Seminar in Shanghai.
- Li Li, Vice President of the China Academy of Inspection and Quarantine, at NSF International’s U.S. FDA Compliance Seminar in Shanghai.
- Participants learned about food compliance certifications and processes at NSF International’s U.S. FDA Compliance Seminar in Shanghai.
- Tom Chestnut, Senior Vice President of NSF International, demonstrates EyeSucceed smartglass technology for attendees at NSF’s U.S. FDA Compliance Seminar in Shanghai.
1NSF International companies are accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI-Accredited Product Certification Body – Accreditation #1181).
NSF International Leads a Special Session at Global Food Safety Initiative 2021 Conference
New Consortium Uses Blockchain Technology to Protect Northern Ireland Agriculture Products in World Markets
The Spectrum of Food Safety Audits: Remote Audits, On-Site Audits and the Future of Real-Time Monitoring